PEFC UK is inviting visitors to The Surface Design Show 2019 to join a Responsible Timber Sourcing seminar.
The fully accredited CPD is open to architects, specifiers and contractors and certificates of attendance will be awarded.
The CPD module will be presented by Charlie Law, managing director of Sustainable Construction Solutions, who has worked in the construction sector for over 30 years, and has extensive industry knowledge having worked for BAM, Kier and Lendlease. He is also a director at the Timber Research and Development Association (TRADA), a member of the Grown in Britain Executive and a member of the Ska technical committee.
Participants will be able to learn why certified timber is increasingly being specified in both public and private sector procurement policies to provide assurances of legal and sustainable timber sourcing. 100% of those who have participated in previous sessions said they would recommend to a colleague.
At the end of this free workshop, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The background to forest certification and its global importance
- The UK timber market and drivers for certified timber
- What a model timber specification clause looks like
- How Chain of Custody certification works and the vital information you need to see
- Certification schemes and requirements of the UK government’s timber procurement policy
The seminar takes place at the Surface Design Show CPD Hub on Wednesday 6 February at 2.30pm – www.surfacedesignshow.com/sessions-cpd-hub
Participants must register for the show at https://sds19-visitor.reg.buzz/website