Your timber supply partner, nationwide
Exclusively serving Great Britain and Ireland, Södra group subsidiary Södra Wood Ltd is a trusted specialist supplier of planed structural timber, engineered wood products and treated timber. Superior grading and quality assurance, extensive landed stocks and fast, reliable nationwide delivery: Södra Wood Ltd is the partner of choice for quality-conscious roof truss and flooring fabricators, timber frame manufactures, builders and timber merchants, and industrial users.
A history grown through wood
Södra Wood Ltd has a proud heritage of timber supply spanning over three decades. Following a long trading partnership with market-leading timber distributor Crown Timber, in 2016 Södra acquired the Cirencester-based business to create a fully-integrated European operation and HQ for Great Britain and Ireland.
Sweden’s largest association of forest-owners
Södra is Sweden’s largest association of forest-owners. More than 51,000 members – often custodians of smaller, family-held estates for generations – trust our operations. We process their trees, and provide expert long-term guidance to manage, sustain, renew and ensure the commercial success of their forests.
Products / Services Listing
Structural Softwood Products
- C24 Timber for Carcassing
- Canadian Lumber Standard (CLS) & Timber Frame Products
- Roof Truss and Metal Web Joist Products
- Battens Type A
- Battens BS5534
- Treated Timber and Fire Protection
- Sheet Materials
Engineered Wood Products
- Masonite Beams (I-Joists)
- Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) Beams
- Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) Rim Boards
- KVH Structural Timber
PEFC-certified Glulam Products
- Glulam Decking Elements
Products / Services Summary
Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) Beams
LVL Beams are part of the Södra Wood Engineered Wood Product (EWP) system. It’s a stable, strong and reliable engineered wood product that will not shrink, twist, cup or bow.
Engineered wood products represent a bold step forward, not only in terms of ease of use, excellent performance, and cost saving characteristics, but in the environmental credentials they offer to specifiers and end users who are increasingly required to prove the eco ratings of the buildings they construct.
The performance of engineered wood products can be accurately predicted which means we can fine tune a design so that exactly the right amount of product is employed for any given situation. Södra Wood is a leading supplier of engineered wood products to Great Britain and Ireland and has a wealth of experience in the storage, handling and distribution of these high quality materials.
Why choose LVL Beams?
- Laminated Veneer Lumber
- Wide range of products
- High modulus of elasticity
- Tolerant of holes and notches
- Technical support team
- Quality assured
- Forest certification
- Stable, strong, and reliable engineered wood product that will not shrink, twist, cup or bow like solid timber
- Can be used in masonry or timber frame construction
- Competitive and compatible solutions
- Allows more flexibility in design and smaller material cross sections
- Allows access for services in accordance with structurally designed holes
- Expert help is on hand for engineering and design enquiries
- Full European Technical Approval
- Full PEFC chain of custody
Full load orders (min 45m³ mixed loads) from landed stock are available on a 48-hour Just In Time (JIT) delivery basis. Split packs and pack cuts require an additional two-day lead time. Delivery of part loads will be subject to other orders being available to fill the vehicle. All LVL Beams are PEFC-certified.
Company Contact Details
Södra Wood Ltd,
Cirencester Office Park,
Cirencester GL7 6JJ